Monthly Urgent Appeal Fund
- Amount $0.00
- Target $2,579.23
- Backer 0
From Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services Department
TO THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE
Assalamu Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,Believe in Allah and His messenger, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity), for them is a great Reward. (57:7)
It is with overflowing gratitude for your support of Dar Al-Hijrah URGENT APPEAL, that we again humbly appeal to you for help to sustain TEN of our most critical cases for this month.
These cases went through the full intake process. Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services is asking the community to donate generously. We are providing a brief description of the cases in order to preserve the client’s privacy.
1. Client is a first-time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant and is married with two young children. Client suffers a chronic disorder that has prevented him from working recently, and he is now behind on rent. Client has sought the help of friends and family and now asks for assistance covering the rest of this month’s rent.
Amount requested: $500.00
2. Client is in the late stages of cancer and trying to apply for disability benefits to help her cover her monthly expenses, but she has yet to hear back. Client now asks for one-time assistance covering this month’s rent until she can receive the assistance necessary to become financially independent.
Amount needed: $587.00
3. Client is a first-time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant and is married with three young children. Client is disabled and currently awaiting the processing of his disability benefits application. Client now asks for one-time assistance to help him cover this month’s rent while he awaits for his application to be processed.
Amount requested: $288.00
4. Client is a first-time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client’s spouse was the only source of income to the family, but he suffered health issues recently that prevented him from working for a month. Client is now unable to pay this month’s rent and asks for one-time assistance while he recovers and pays his medical bills.
Amount requested: $314.23
5. Client is a first-time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client was recently terminated and is now unable to afford his rent. Client asks for a small amount to help cover the month’s rent while he continues his job search.
Amount requested: $90.00
6. Client is a first-time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant and is married with four young children. Client’s spouse is the only source of income to the family, and they receive some governmental assistance due to low income. Client is expecting to generate some more income to her family soon. Client’s family is moving to a less costly residence, but they are unable to afford their security deposit and first month’s rent. Client needs one-time assistance to help her afford her new residence.
Amount requested: $800.00
Our initial caseload actually encompassed many more individuals, most of whom we were able to direct to external sources for financial assistance. The cases you see above are only the select few who had already exhausted their funds and county’s assistance as sources of help, and they were left with no choice but to seek our aid. We hope that you will find it in your hearts to give from what you have been blessed with, and bear in mind that Allah will reward you with a greater good, inshaAllah.
May Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala bless all of you who will be able to lighten the burden of these families!
Jazakum Allah Khair
Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services Department