Rising Souls is a mentorship program for youths ages 11 to 14 taking place every Friday at 8PM-10PM in the Youth Lounge. Students are placed in groups with two mentors per group. The semester consists of weekly lessons, mentor time, outings, mandatory service projects, and a graduation ceremony. The goal of this program is to create an open Islamic environment for kids to grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and intellectually. Through this program, the children will establish ways to become active members of our community through lectures, classes, activities, workshops, and community service.
Our mission is to help nurture mentors and mentees a lifelong relationship and to develop an understanding of Islam incorporated with general and cultural manners and behaviors to the younger youth and our future generation.
- Provide a diverse array of programs that will appeal to the youth of Dar Al-Hijrah and beyond.
- Provide programs that develop youth Islamically, either directly or indirectly.
- Provide opportunities for youth to be empowered in the planning, implementation, and participation in activities.
- Provide opportunities for families to play a greater role in their youth’s growth and development.
- The first 15 minutes: Attendance and Check-in. Mentors and mentees are responsible for checking in with logistics coordinators.
- 8:15 mentees should be in line with their mentors. Once they are, they will start the chants for team building and focus
- After the chants, the mentees will be given an activity to do and a 5-minute lecture.
- Mentor time starts after the lesson has been taught
- Mentors are given questions to start the convo with their mentees. After they have discussed, mentees may play with their mentors and others.
- In the last 5 minutes, everybody will form a circle for the closing duaa.
$125 Current Student
$150 New Student
Outings are not included.