YOUTH DIRECTOR JOB POSITION
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Youth Director is responsible for executing developed Youth programs, creating new youth programs and services, maintaining the proper usage of the Game Room, supervising paid and volunteer youth workers. These initiatives are conducted in response to community and youth needs based on youth and community demographics.
- To help create a youth friendly atmosphere at Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center; along with other employees of DAH.
- To develop and facilitate age appropriate programs (social, educational, athletic, and service/advocacy/outreach oriented), which meet the needs of the youth population.
- To provide the youth with a strong Islamic foundation for their transition and growth into responsible, compassionate, and productive, adult, American Muslims.
- To lead the Youth Department in creating and implementing said programs
- Create and maintain open channels of communication with the community on youth department programs and achievements through, but not limited to: social media, email campaigns, website updates, and newsletters.
- Coordinate with other departments of DAH to involve youth in other masjid programs (i.e. Outreach and/or Social Services volunteering)
- To ensure that DAH policies are upheld, and to respond to policy violations and emergencies as they arise.
- To ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all youth are the top priority of the youth department and its programs.
- To act as a role model and mentor for community youth.
- To supervise, train, and evaluate paid and volunteer youth workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University graduate preferably in Islamic Studies, Behavioral Development, Psychology/Counseling, Education, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years working experience in relevant fields. Familiarity with youth programs in the public/private sector.
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral) & ability to relate to the youth.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Must be healthy and not limited in their capabilities to lead and participate in a variety of youth activities (including physical activity)
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of social networking and electronic communications/marketing
- Able to work in a multicultural team with minimum supervision
- Able to multi-task and work irregular and long hours
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience