$5,440 of $50,000 raised
Planned giving that invests in the long-term support of the ongoing work of the masjid.
Why Should Dar Al-Hijrah have a Waqf Fund (an endowment)?
- Will bring more resources to fulfill an organization’s mission
- Can use its income to help fund core expenses that project funding often overlooks
- Can be a vehicle to attract, through planned giving, a greater proportion of the pending and very large inter-generational transfer of wealth to go to the charitable sector.
- Can promote long term organizational financial planning
- Will diversify income and reduce dependency.
- Will create an opportunity for current funds to increase their support in a highly strategic way.
- Can create a sense of permanence that benefits the organization by strengthening the institution and its stakeholders, enabling increased attention to achieving long-range program objectives, and flexibility in working towards those goals.
- Can help be a catalyst for other strategic and organizational changes enhancing an institution’s adaptive qualities,