Women’s Leadership Summit
(August 7th-11th, 2018)
What is this Summit?
The Women’s Leadership Summit is a hands on Learning experience for Muslim Women who are Activists, Community Leaders, Social Justice Advocates, interested in Civic Engagement and all those hungry for Change! We are calling on serious women who want to deepen their understanding of the relationship between Islam and Gender Justice, Quranic Ethics & Equity and develop strategies for Sacred Service.
Not only does this training directly address the Work but is designed to develop the total Woman behind the Work. Each day will be filled with thought provoking analysis of Contemporary Issues. Every topic is taught by Dynamic Professionals who have years of experience in Egalitarianism. Each day will develop in depth knowledge, critical thinking, and hands on experience. The Women’s Leadership Summit provides the support, tools and skills to successfully triumph through the challenges women face while being Community Leaders and Sacred Servants. Let Us Come together to address the questions, tackle the argument, and heal the wounds; Then, emerge as Muslim Women Empowered to Lead!
The Program is designed around 5 components:
- Knowledge: How do apply Quran, hadith and Scholarly work to our modern context. Let’s delve into Quranic ethics regarding Gender Justice, Minority Politics, Human rights and Peace Building Platforms
- Personal Development: Time to tap into your Divine given gifts and grow strategies to maximize your full potential. Learn techniques for mindfulness and how to protect yourself from burn out. Get trained in Public Speaking.
- Sacred Service: Giving back to communities in need from your unique leadership style.
- Mohammadan Activism: How do we engage In local and national politics in order to effect public policy.
- Women of Leadership: Let’s delve into the lives of successful Muslim women and analyze their effective tactics that lead to their success, Then, we implement these tactics to several aspects of our lives.