To schedule individual or family counseling at Dar Al-Hijrah, please contact the office to make an appointment with Our Imam (703) 536-1030 or (703) 531-2904.
- Talk to the Imam to make an appointment
- Get the marriage license from the county.
- Have two witnesses.
- The bride and groom should agree on a specific dowry.
- Let the parents know about it.
- The cost for the service is $300 (in Masjid) / $500 (at Home).
Where to get a marriage license?
- Arlington County Circuit Court: 1425 N. Courthouse Rd, Suite 6700, Arlington, VA 22201
- Alexandria Circuit Court: 520 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Fairfax City Circuit Court: 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
How to get a divorce:
- Talk to the Imam and make an appointment.
- Bring with you your I.D., civil divorce, and the marriage certificate.
- Husband & Wife must be available for the Imam to speak with. two witnesses must be present.
- Bring with you the civil divorce papers.
- The cost for the service is $300.