The Volunteer Coordinator supervises volunteers and provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer events and programs. The volunteer coordinator is responsible for scheduling all volunteer opportunities alongside keeping track of all the events from all the departments and make sure they all have enough volunteers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within in different departments.
- Help volunteers become lifelong servant of Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance
- Ensure volunteers are staffed; prepared to do the volunteer event of program
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers
- Maintain a good mix of both appropriate volunteer/supervisory
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training. Schedule all volunteer activity
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Recruit volunteers within the community and outside.
- Create an online database easy to access.
- Conduct an interview with every applicant
- Network within the framework of Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic center goals and mission.
- Make sure you attend every event that your volunteers attend
- Responsible for increasing Dar Al-Hijrah membership.
- Updating current membership information and managing member’s events throughout the year.
- Responsible for training current and future volunteers.
- Train volunteers to do Masjid tour.
- Train volunteers to handle emergency situations within the premises.
- Must be 100% comfortable working with younger and older Muslims, men and women, immigrants and native-born folks.
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated capability to be professional at all times when doing the job.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Must be at mandatory trainings
- Must be at every event volunteers present
- Must take time out to network
- Must be able to posses their own transportation.
- Must be 18+ of age
- Must have clear record of no prior criminal records.
- Must represent Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center value and ethics.
- Must Speak English
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Excellent in Social Media.
- Have writing skills.
- Have done volunteering work with other nonprofit organization.
- Provide 3 References
- Must go through background investigation
- Must not have any personal agendas other than recruiting volunteers.
For interested candidates a more extensive scope work can be provided. Salary: Competitive Salary for Full Timer
Send your resume to:
Or by mail:
Samir Abo-Issa, Executive Director
C/O Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center
P.O. Box: 1625, Falls Church, VA 22041