WE’RE HIRING: CARE MANAGER/ NAVIGATOR
Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center- Social Services Office
90 Day Temporary Position Opening – Part-Time
The Dar Al-Hijrah (DAH) Social Services Office serves community members in need, primarily low-income immigrants and refugees experiencing food and housing insecurity. We provide a full spectrum of Family Assistance Services, Self-Sufficiency Classes and Community Programs and Events.
We are currently seeking a Care Manager/Navigator. This is a part-time position, beginning immediately and ending on October 31st, with a possible extension. Work hours are 12:00pm – 3:00pm Monday through Friday. Additionally, the candidate will be willing and able to work flexible hours as client needs and special projects dictate.
The Care Manager reports directly to the Social Services Director, and works collaboratively with Social Services staff, as well as other members of the staff and administrative team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The Care Manager’s primary responsibility will be to ensure that clients and their families gain access to appropriate internal and external services and support in a timely manner. The Care Manager will provide appropriate referrals, assist with navigating and accessing services, and follow up to ensure all linkages are successful and meet the client’s needs.
The Care Manager should have a good working knowledge of internal and external services available. Services include, but are not limited to food access, housing, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, health care and job support.
The Care Manager will be flexible and highly visible in the community. He/She will serve as an advocate for clients and work in partnership with clients and providers.
The Care Manager may, at times, accompany clients to agency/provider sites.
The Care Manager will establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, staff, and other providers including county/state agencies and professional groups/organizations.
The Care Manager handles sensitive client information including Protected Personal Information (PPI) and case details. He/She will maintain strict confidentiality, and will ensure accuracy and attention to detail in record keeping and reporting.
Above all, the Care Manager should demonstrate kindness, compassion, empathy, flexibility, patience and fairness while serving community members in need.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate pleasantly and professionally with clients, volunteers, community partners and other stakeholders
- Ability to establish appropriate boundaries
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Resourceful and creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and availability to work as needed
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and high energy
- Proven data management and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google programs
- A valid driver’s license and current insurance at required minimums
Bi-lingual in English and Arabic, Spanish is a plus