Marriage is one of the most wonderful journeys an individual can embark on. It is important for this journey, as with all journeys, to be best prepared to ensure a successful voyage. Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center is here to help equip our new couples for the best possible expedition.
We, in general, will utilize the following procedures:
Marriage Procedure at DAH:
- Bring a marriage license from any Virginia court OR a marriage certificate from any other state.
- Make an appointment with the imam within sixty days from the date the license was issued (no timeline for marriage certificates).
- Please note that all marriages require premarital counseling, as mentioned in the appointment links:
- 1 hr – premarital counseling + marriage ceremony
- On the marriage appointment date make sure to bring
- Yourself and your prospect (fiancé)
- Wali (guardian) for the prospective bride
- Must be a Muslim male
- Two witnesses
- Must be Muslim males
- Court papers
- All IDs (both fiancés, 2 witnesses and male wali)
- Mahr (marriage dower) has to be declared in monetary value to be entered in the marriage certificate.
- Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center charges
- $300 for in-house ceremonies
- Starting at $500 for an outside ceremony as per availability and special request
- Payment is accepted in multiple forms of payment (cash, credit, etc.)
Feel free to contact our front desk with any other questions and/or to host large gatherings (30+ people) for the wedding ceremony at the masjid