2017 Education Report
[totaldonations-progress-bar campaign=”Edu 2017 EYC”]
[totaldonations-text-fields campaign=”Edu 2017 EYC” button=”yes” button_text=”SUPPORT THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT”]
Weekly & Bi-Weekly Lectures:
- Tarbiya/Tazkiya by Dr. Dawoud Abdulrahman
- Tafseer of Qur’an by Sh. Shaker El-Sayed
- Happy Family by Sh. Shaker El-Sayed
- Fiqh of Worship/Transactions by Sh. Abdelmoniem Elmani
- The Science of Tajweed Community Breakfast by Dr. Mohamoud Hassan
- Purification of the Soul by Sh. Ahmed Natheer
- How to Raise your Imaan by Sh. Okasha Kameni
- How to prepare for Ramadan by Dr. Mohamed Mousa
- The Hajj of the Prophet by Dr. Salah As-Sawi
- The Methodology of Imam Bukhari by Dr. Mohamed Al-Safouri
And much More!
Dar al Hijrah’s Outreach Department has developed a variety of programs providing Muslims, elected officials, the general public, and the media with opportunities to build relationships and create stronger healthier communities.
In 2017, they:
Strengthened our relationships and understandings with White House personnel through
multiple meetings with top Administration officials at the DOJ, DOE, and FBI.
- Hosted local Delegates, and collaborated our Muslim partners such as Adams Center and Dar
- Al Noor for multiple civic events.
- Attended interfaith vigils and, welcomed Ambassadors and the Department of State showing
- solidarity against hate and war crimes.
- Invited law enforcement officials, our partner CAIR and other community watch groups to our
- house of worship during the Muslim Ban.
- Increased our participation with VOICE, hosted VOICE Action over 500 attendees from 50 Congregations to hold the representatives from the School Board accountable.
- Expanded our participation in VOICE with our Youth Department, bringing over 190 people to VOICE’s annual action of 1200 attendees, and creating a core team working on a variety of issues, including bullying and Muslim holidays without penalty.
- Education and Speaking Events: Race Relations discussions at Washington Ethical Society;
- Bulling at St.Mary’s and UUCA; Know your Rights with the Moroccan Community; and
- Challenging Racism.
- Organized and participated in interfaith programming that strengthened our community’s
- relationships– Spread Hummus Not Hate, Operation Understanding, bring a Friend Iftars.
- Community of Kindness, Solidarity Cup of Teas, and the Unity Walk, MLK march on
- Washington; Women’s March; FCIA Domestic Violence; And participated in Dialogue
- Facilitation training increasing our capacity in interfaith communications and conflict
- Created a space for Women Forums where the October Solidarity Cup of Tea was organized for Women Only to recognize Domestic Violence Month.