Monthly Urgent Appeal Fund
- Amount $3,187.00
- Target $10,000.00
- Backer 19
Believe in Allah and His messenger, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity), for them is a great Reward. (57:7)
Assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters,
We wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to all of our generous brothers and sisters who gave Allah such beautiful gifts through giving sadaqa to His needy servants during the month of Ramadan. May Allah bless you all!
These cases went through the full intake process. Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services is asking the community to donate generously. We are providing a brief description of the cases in order to preserve the client’s privacy.
Please assist Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services with the following nineteen cases:
- Clients are first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicants. They are married with three young children. They arrived in the United States only 1 month ago and found a job, but their initial income is lower than their expenses getting settled. They are asking for a one time assistance with rent. $400
- Clients are first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicants. They are married with a young child. Both are employed. Two months ago one of them suffered a stroke and has been unable to work since then. Consequently, family income has decreased, and they are seeking assistance with rent. $200
- Client is a single parent of two young children whose spouse passed away last year. Client’s employment contract expired, leaving her without income while she seeks another job. Client is seeking assistance with rent. $400
- Client is elderly, disabled, unable to work and depending on fixed social security income for all expenses. The landlord has unexpectedly increased the rent, and the client is asking for assistance to cover the increase. $300
- Client is married with three young children, and has no vehicle, which limits employment opportunities. Client is asking for one time assistance to help pay rent and possibly acquire a car. $500
- Client is a first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client is married with three young children. The client had unexpected, emergency travel and medical expenses for an extremely ill family member overseas. Due to missed work and lost income, the client is asking for one time assistance for rent. $900
- Client is a first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client is a widow with three young children, and is asking for financial assistance to cover the cost of a obtaining a certificate that will qualify her for a better job opportunity. $500
- Client is a first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client is newly employed and was required to complete a two-week, unpaid certificate program to qualify for the new job. Client is asking for one time assistance with rent. $700
- Client is elderly and disabled, and depending on fixed social security income, which does not cover all expenses. Client works but work income is limited due to the disability. Client is asking for assistance with rent. $600
- Client is a first time Dar Al-Hijrah applicant. Client is a student, and also working to support her mother. Client was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, and consequentially has had unexpected medial costs. Client is asking for one time assistance to help pay for life-saving medication. $200
- Client is a widow with a young child. Client has Diabetes and Rheumatoid Arthritis, but has not been taking needed medication due to the high cost. This has led to hospitalization twice recently. Client is asking for assistance for family necessities and for medication. $400
- Client is a single parent with one child. Client is working full time, but due to a family medical emergency, incurred unexpected expenses and lost income. Client is now 2 months behind on rent and asking for assistance to catch up. $500
- Client and her child were homeless, and were taken in by a single mother who also agreed to drive them every day. The single mother who is helping them has low income, and client is looking for some assistance covering shared expenses so as not to be a burden to someone who is already struggling. $500
Our initial caseload actually encompassed many more individuals, most of whom we were able to direct to external sources for financial assistance. The cases you see above are only the select few who had already exhausted their funds and county’s assistance as sources of help, and they were left with no choice but to seek our aid. We hope that you will find it in your hearts to give from what you have been blessed with, and bear in mind that Allah will reward you with a greater good, inshaAllah.
May Allah Subhanahu wa ta’ala bless all of you who will be able to lighten the burden of these families!
Jazakum Allah Khair
Dar Al-Hijrah Social Services Department